LEAP with Green Thumb Industries
Illinois Cannabis Business Licensing Assistance for Social Equity Applicants
Green Thumb Industries launched the License Education Assistance Program (“LEAP”) in September 2019. LEAP is a pro bono initiative in which GTI’s license-winning application team provides free application assistance to Illinois social equity applicants.
Social equity applicants can fill out the LEAP Registration Form to receive informational emails and to schedule a one-on-one counseling session with your team and GTI’s application professionals.
LEAP services are 100% free of cost. GTI will not seek any type of fee, ownership or remuneration in exchange for its services. All information shared with GTI will remain confidential. This program is not available to current employees of GTI or any of its subsidiaries.
Dispensary licenses: The Waiting Begins!
Congratulations to all our successful dispensary applicants who made it to the finish line! An estimated 700 applicants sought over 4,000 dispensary licenses; 600 of which applied as social equity applicants. The State will announce winners on or before May 1, 2020.
Craft grower, infuser, and transporter applicants – are you ready to kick it into full gear? Click here to find the complete Illinois Department of Agriculture applications for craft grower, infuser and transporter licenses.
Important Application Deadlines:
- Tuesday, January 14that 5 p.m.: final deadline to submit questions about the application process to the Department of Agriculture (who will post all questions and responses by 5 p.m. on January 21st). Email questions to AdultUse@illinois.gov.
- Tuesday, January 28that 5 p.m.: final deadline to submit questions about the application process to the Department of Agriculture (who will post all second round questions and responses by 5 p.m. on February 4th). Email questions to AdultUse@illinois.gov.
- Friday, February 14th: Department of Agriculture begins accepting applications.
- Monday, March 16that 5 p.m.: final deadline to submit applications.
- Wednesday, July 1st: Department of Agriculture may issue up to 40 craft grower licenses, 40 infuser licenses, and an unlimited number of transporter licenses.
The Illinois Department of Agriculture (“IDOA”) has already released a basic set of FAQs for craft grow, infuser, and transporter applicants. IDOA has also released FAQ guidance specific to social equity applicants. Please read these carefully to help you craft the strongest application possible.
Below is a preliminary schedule of LEAP events and information sessions to assist with the process. All dates and times are subject to change, so please read the latest LEAP email updates for the most accurate information.
- Wednesday, January 15 (1:00 – 2:00 p.m.): Application Overview for Craft Grow and Infuser Applicants. Register here.
- Wednesday, January 22 (1:00 – 2:00 p.m.): Application Overview for Transporter Applicants. Register here.
- Wednesday, January 29 (1:00 – 2:00 p.m.): Security Exhibit Webinar with Sapphire Risk Advisory Group (in-person and online attendance available). Register here.
- Wednesday, February 5 (1:00 – 2:00 p.m.): Real Estate Seminar on Proposed Facilities, Property Ownership, and Notice of Proper Zoning. Register here.
- Wednesday, February 12 (1:00 – 2:00 p.m.): Cultivation Plan & Infuser Plan Seminar. Register here.
- Wednesday, February 19 (1:00 – 4:00 p.m.): Business Plan Seminar with Accounting, Tax, and Insurance Experts. Register here.
- Wednesday, February 26 (1:00 – 1:30 p.m.): Product Safety and Labelling Seminar for Craft Grow and Infuser Applicants. Register here.
- Wednesday, March 4 (1:00 – 2:00 p.m.): Submission Instruction Seminar on how to organize, label, and submit a finished application. Register here.
- Wednesday, March 4 (2:00 – 2:30 p.m.): Diversity Plan Seminar. Register here.
- Wednesday, March 11 (1:00 – 2:00 p.m.): Open Q&A for Craft Grow, Infuser, and Transporter Applicants. Register here.
Complete this form to be added to the list for one-on-one counseling. Applicants will be sent a link to reserve a one-on-one time slot as they become available, on a first-come-first-served basis. Each applicant group is limited to a single one-on-one session. Please come prepared with your best questions! If you have already completed the form as an eligible social equity craft grow, infuser, or transporter applicant we will send you the link to reserve a one-on-one shortly.
**Program is not available to current employees of GTI or any of its subsidiaries.